How to download Oracle 11g & 12c Database software and create your 1st Oracle Database
Things to Do:
- Make sure your laptop has minimum 8 GB of RAM (16 GB or more is recommended).
- Downloads: 7-zip to unzip, Notepad++ for writing notes.
- Register at OTN: https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/index.html – this is a must to download Oracle software.
- We’ll be installing Oracle Enterprise Edition, NOT Standard Edition or any other editions :Download & Inst
… Read more “How to download Oracle 11g & 12c”
Applying July 2017 OJVM security patch 26027162 on orcl prod clusters
1. PRE-CHECKS STEPS:
Ensure ORACLE_HOME is set correctly, and that the $PATH definition has the following executables: make, ar, ld and nm.
unzip -d <PATCH_TOP_DIR> p26027162_12102_<PLATFORM_NAME>.zip
2. opatch prereq CheckConflictAgainstOHWithDetail -ph ./
2a. Stop goldengate
3. For an Oracle RAC environment, shut down database services on the node to be patched.
—R… Read more “Oracle Database July 2017 OJVM Security Patch 26027162”
All about July 2017 PSU Red Hat Kernel upgrade ACFS patching Security Patch.
Will apply July 2017 PSU Kernel ACFS on our 2 nodes RAC cluster on RH 7.4, at the same time our SA (System Administrator) also suggested to upgrade the Linux Kernel from 327 to 693, latest Red Hat (linked on 12/25/2017).
Operating System: Red Hat 7.4 – how to check operating system
OS Kernel: 3.10.0-327.36.3.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP (current)
OS Kernel: 3.10.0-693.5.2.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP (after upgrade)
Database: Oracle 188.8.131.52 – 12c – how to ch… Read more “PSU Kernel ACFS Security Patch”
How to stop everything, already discussed here.
4. /u01/app/184.108.40.206/grid/crs/install/rootcrs.pl -prepatch (as root) – this failed
OR /u01/app/220.127.116.11/grid/crs/install/rootcrs.sh -unlock – this worked
5. opatch apply -oh /u01/app/18.104.22.168/grid -local /u03/setup/26247490/26247490 (as grid)
6. opatch apply -oh /u02/app/oracle/product/22.214.171.124/db_1 -local /u03/setup/26247490/26247490 (as oracle), Got warning.
7. /u01/app/126.96.36.199/grid/rdbms/install/rootadd_rdbms.sh (as root)
8. /u01/a… Read more “Patch ACFS”
Oracle Patching Test Post
Apparently we had reached a great height in the atmosphere, for the sky was a dead black, and the stars had ceased to twinkle. By the same illusion which lifts the horizon of the sea to the level of the spectator on a hillside, the sable cloud beneath was dished out, and the car seemed to float in the middle of an immense dark sphere, whose upper half was strewn with silver. Looking down into the dark gulf below, I could see a ruddy light streaming through a rift in the clouds.… Read more “Oracle Patching Test Post”
2 ways, when you logged in to sqlplus:
After logging into the database, can query data dictionary:
… Read more “how to check/verify Oracle Database Version/Release”
Note: Change -n ch-orcldb-s02 to -n ch-orcldb-s01 when doing node 1.
Note: This patch 20024405 is a no conflict on orcl stage as it is not installed on this cluster.
1. Applying GI PSU Jul2017 Patch 25901062 patch manually on orcl Stage cluster:
=============================== Manual Steps ==========================
— stop GG
. Stop GoldenGate if running on the server.
. as it’s a 2 nodes RAC cluster, we need to make sure (recommended) to identify from where GG is running:
ps -ef | grep mgr
. this’ll tell you, GG is runn… Read more “Oracle 12c PSU”