oracle clean up trace, alert, aud, listener and other log files
The path of each log file of the database
The method of viewing various Oracle logs: if it is rac, the query method under the asm instance is the same
1.View the diagnostic log:
The new diagnostic information structure of 11g and above versions, view v$diag_info information, display log directory:
show parameter diag;
select * from v$diag_info
The output example is as follows:
1 ADR Base
1 ADR Home
1 Diag Trace
… Read more
1. Check all services are up and running from 11gR2 GRID_HOME
2. Perform backup of OCR, voting disk and Database.
3. Create new directory for installing 12C software on both RAC nodes.
4. Run “runcluvfy.sh” to verify errors.
5. Install and upgrade GRID from 11gR2 to 12cR1
6. Verify upgrade version
1. Backup the database before the upgrade
2. Database upgrade Pre-check
Creating Stage for 12c database software
Creating directory for 12c oracle home
Check the pre upgrade status.
3.Unzip 12c database software in stage
4Install the 22.214.171.124 using the … Read more
Downloading Oracle 11g & 12c Database software and create your 1st Oracle Database
Things to Do:
- Make sure your laptop has minimum 8 GB of RAM (16 GB or more is recommended).
- Downloads: 7-zip to unzip, Notepad++ for writing notes.
- Register at OTN: https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/index.html – this is a must to download Oracle software.
- We’ll be installing Oracle Enterprise Edition, NOT Standard Edition or any other editions :Download & Install Cygwin: https://cygwin.com/install.html (optio
… Read more