Plugging an Unplugged Pluggable Database
Unplugging the PDB
To unplug a PDB, you first close it and then generate an XML manifest file. The XML file contains information about the names and the full paths of the tablespaces, datafiles of the unplugged PDB. The information will be used by the plugging operation.
We are going to unplug the PDB to plug them with No copy methods.
[oracle@localhost pdb3]$ . oraenv
ORACLE_SID = [cdb1] ? cdb1
The Oracle base remains unchanged with value /u01/app/oracle
[oracle@localhost pdb3]$ sqlplus / as sysdba
SQL> show con_name
… Read more
1. Check all services are up and running from 11gR2 GRID_HOME
2. Perform backup of OCR, voting disk and Database.
3. Create new directory for installing 12C software on both RAC nodes.
4. Run “runcluvfy.sh” to verify errors.
5. Install and upgrade GRID from 11gR2 to 12cR1
6. Verify upgrade version
1. Backup the database before the upgrade
2. Database upgrade Pre-check
Creating Stage for 12c database software
Creating directory for 12c oracle home
Check the pre upgrade status.
3.Unzip 12c database software in stage
4Install the 126.96.36.199 using the … Read more
The latest oracle version is oracle 19C . In the below article we will explain the steps for upgrading grid infrastructure to 19c from oracle 12c . The upgrade will be done in rolling mode.
Current configuration – >
No of nodes – 2 node
current version – 188.8.131.52
os platform – Linux
grid owner – oracle
Check software version :
oracle@node1~$ crsctl query crs activeversion
Oracle Clusterware active version on the cluster is [184.108.40.206.0]
oracle@node2~$ crsctl query crs softwareversion
Oracle Clusterware version on node node1 is [220.127.116.11.0]
2. Download the software and unzip on your first … Read more