How to download Oracle 11g & 12c Database software and create your 1st Oracle Database
Things to Do:
- Make sure your laptop has minimum 8 GB of RAM (16 GB or more is recommended).
- Downloads: 7-zip to unzip, Notepad++ for writing notes.
- Register at OTN: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/index.html – this is a must to download Oracle software.
- We’ll be installing Oracle Enterprise Edition, NOT Standard Edition or any other editions :Download & Install Cygwin: https://cygwin.com/install.html (optional, but highly recommended).
http://www.oracle.com/technet… Read more
Applying July 2017 OJVM security patch 26027162 on orcl prod clusters
1. PRE-CHECKS STEPS:
Ensure ORACLE_HOME is set correctly, and that the $PATH definition has the following executables: make, ar, ld and nm.
unzip -d <PATCH_TOP_DIR> p26027162_12102_<PLATFORM_NAME>.zip
2. opatch prereq CheckConflictAgainstOHWithDetail -ph ./
2a. Stop goldengate
3. For an Oracle RAC environment, shut down database services on the node to be patched.
for i in `… Read more
All about July 2017 PSU Red Hat Kernel upgrade ACFS patching Security Patch.
Will apply July 2017 PSU Kernel ACFS on our 2 nodes RAC cluster on RH 7.4, at the same time our SA (System Administrator) also suggested to upgrade the Linux Kernel from 327 to 693, latest Red Hat (linked on 12/25/2017).
Operating System: Red Hat 7.4 – how to check operating system
OS Kernel: 3.10.0-327.36.3.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP (current)
OS Kernel: 3.10.0-693.5.2.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP (after upgrade)
Database: Oracle 184.108.40.206 – 12c – how to check/verify Oracle Database Version/Release
4 ta… Read more
Oracle Enterprise Manager Agent is down
2 of Single Instance database OEM agent was down.
2 OEM agents are down for 2 databases: one prod & one dev
— login to the box
need to know the owner, who installed this oem agent, mostly it’s oracle, but in RAC, it’s owned by grid.
how to find oem agent installed location/directory:
find / -name emctl -print 2>/dev/null
ls -lrt – this’ll tell you the owner
$ find / -name emctl -print 2>/dev/null
/u01/app/agent/core/220.127.116.11.0/bin/emctl … Read more
How to stop everything, already discussed here.
4. /u01/app/18.104.22.168/grid/crs/install/rootcrs.pl -prepatch (as root) – this failed
OR /u01/app/22.214.171.124/grid/crs/install/rootcrs.sh -unlock – this worked
5. opatch apply -oh /u01/app/126.96.36.199/grid -local /u03/setup/26247490/26247490 (as grid)
6. opatch apply -oh /u02/app/oracle/product/188.8.131.52/db_1 -local /u03/setup/26247490/26247490 (as oracle), Got warning.
7. /u01/app/184.108.40.206/grid/rdbms/install/rootadd_rdbms.sh (as root)
8. /u01/app/220.127.116.11/grid/crs/install/rootcrs.sh -patch … Read more
Apparently we had reached a great height in the atmosphere, for the sky was a dead black, and the stars had ceased to twinkle. By the same illusion which lifts the horizon of the sea to the level of the spectator on a hillside, the sable cloud beneath was dished out, and the car seemed to float in the middle of an immense dark sphere, whose upper half was strewn with silver. Looking down into the dark gulf below, I could see a ruddy light streaming through a rift in the clouds.… Read more
How to check/verify Oracle Database Version/Release
2 ways, when you logged in to sqlplus:
After logging into the database, can query data dictionary:
… Read more